The following information is to be attributed to http://theblog.qccareerschool.com/. Use the questions below to manage your vendor selection to determine which one best meets your needs:
- If planning an outdoor event, does the venue have a contingency plan in case of bad weather?
- Is the venue handicap accessible? (to accommodate elderly guests, wheelchairs or walkers).
- How early can you get into the space on the day of the event for set-up and is there an overtime fee if you stay longer?
- How many restrooms are there? (Ideally, you want at least 4 restrooms per 100 people)
- Are there restrictions on the event décor? Can you move things around or do you have to leave everything as is? Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and
- Does the venue have an in-house caterer you would need to use or can you use an outside caterer? If you hire an outside caterer, will there be a fee associated with it and will they have access to the kitchen facilities?
- Is the venue licensed to provide alcohol service? What is the pricing structure? Can you bring your own alcohol and is there a corkage fee if you do?
- Is there parking on site? If so, is it complimentary? Is valet parking an option and if so, at what cost? If there is no parking on site, where will the guests park? Are cabs easily accessible from here?
- Are there any sound restrictions (i.e. on the types of music that can be played, a set-time when music must end, etc.)? Can the space accommodate a live band?
- Does the venue provide any kind of security services?